Smart Growth Solutions
for southern Chester County
Our mission is to preserve the quality of life and community character of southern Chester County through Smart Growth principles that support safe transportation, agriculture, villages and the environment.
The people have a right to clean air, pure water, and to the preservation of the natural, scenic, historic and esthetic values of the environment. Pennsylvania's public natural resources are the common property of all the people, including generations yet to come. As trustee of these resources, the Commonwealth shall conserve and maintain them for the benefit of all the people.
- Pennsylvania Constitution, Section 27. Natural Resources and the Public Estate
PA 41 - Critical to the Region
- A Safe Two-Lane Route 41
- Modern Traffic Calming
- Conservation Makes $ense
VISTA 2025 - Economic Strategy for Chester County
- Conflicts with Conservation Planning
- Includes "Targeted Corridors of Opportunity"
- Promotes significant changes to the Route 1 Corridor
- Not entirely consistent with Landscapes2
- Developed by the Chester County Economic Development Council
- Supported by the Chester County Commissioners