Smart Growth Solutions
for southern Chester County
Our mission is to preserve the quality of life and community character of southern Chester County through Smart Growth principles that support safe transportation, agriculture, villages and the environment.
The people have a right to clean air, pure water, and to the preservation of the natural, scenic, historic and esthetic values of the environment. Pennsylvania's public natural resources are the common property of all the people, including generations yet to come. As trustee of these resources, the Commonwealth shall conserve and maintain them for the benefit of all the people.
- Pennsylvania Constitution, Section 27. Natural Resources and the Public Estate
Chester County Commissioners
When: Tuesday, August 18 at 7:00 P.M.
Where: Chester County Library - Exton, The Struble Room
Chester County Commissioners will hold community dialogue meeting which will provide the next public opportunity to express your views about PA Rt 41 and the Route 1 corridor.
PA Route 41 Intersections being considered by PennDOT
- PA 41 / 926
- PA 41 / 841
- See PennDOT's website: Route 41
VISTA 2025 - Economic Strategy for Chester County
- Conflicts with Smart Growth principles
- "Targeted Corridors of Opportunity", specifically the Route 1 Corridor
- Developed by the Chester County Economic Development Council
- Supported by the Chester County Commissioners